A toboggan run should definitely be part of your upcoming winter holidays at Hotel Gasthof Brügglerin Radstadt. On the Kemahdhöhe in Radstadt you will find a toboggan run that is winter fun at its best. With its 6 kilometres going downhill, the toboggan run at Königslehen on the Kemahdhöhe is the longest in the Salzburger region. The spot where the toboggan run begins can be reached by taking the 8-person Königslehen cable car. For the cable car ride you can use your Ski Amadé ski pass all day or buy a single ticket. The toboggan run operates every day from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Our suggestion: go on Tuesday and Friday, from 6:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., when there is night-time tobogganing over a well-lit course. Give it a try. It’s a special experience that you shouldn’t miss during your skiing holiday in Radstadt in Salzburg (Ski Amadé, Salzburg Sportwelt). Toboggan rentals are available at the valley station of the Königslehen cable car.
On your way back, check out the traditional ski hut ‘Sportalm’ in the mountains and the outdoor bar ‘Unterberg-Salettl’ in the valley.
Tobogganing in and around Radstadt
- Radstadt: Toboggan run at Bürgerberg (about 4 km long)
- Altenmarkt: Toboggan run from the Hochnössler Hut or the Bifei Hut (3.2 km long)
- Altenmarkt: Zipfelbobfahrt from Winterbauer (about 2.2 km)
- Flachau: Sattelbauer or Munzenhof
- Untertauern/Obertauern: Toboggan run on the Gnadenalm between Untertauern and Obertauern (1.5 km long), by Skidoo toboggan taxi ride to the starting point
Tobogganing in the Radstadt region of Salzburg is an exciting experience for young and old. You will soon see your inner child awaken in you when you are having fun tobogganing on traditional wooden sleds back down into the valley.